We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

BBC watchdog - micro pigs

porkyporky Member
edited January 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
Last Night BBC watchdog address the relatively minor issue of the scam of selling baby pigs under the heading 'Micro' pig.

They are hoping for a big response to their program.
In the event that the response is good enough, they are hoping to do a follow up program.
Therefore please contact watchdog asap if you have a sto...ry to tell regarding any of the following issues:
delivery of sick pigs, pigs dying shortly after delivery, delivery of pigs without movement licences, collection by the breeder of dead bodies, threats by the breeder of court action or simply an issue of an oversized pig (for which you may be entitled to a refund)

Comments

• Penny PigPenny Pig Junior Member
    edited May 2010
    Hello,

We have a 7 month old Micro Pig which we are more than happy with.

We received excellent service from the breeder and if we had the money and energy we would have another one.

:)
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Penny Pig wrote:
    Hello,

We received excellent service from the breeder and if we had the money and energy we would have another one.

Certain persons haven't been so lucky, and have been sold "normal pigs" in the place of "micros". So people know where they can get the genuine article from, where did you get your?
  • porkyporky Member
    edited May 2010
    i hope your pig does turn out to be the genuine article but i would wait a while yet - pigs take between 2 and 3 years to reach full grown.
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited May 2010
    porky wrote:
    i hope your pig does turn out to be the genuine article but i would wait a while yet - pigs take between 2 and 3 years to reach full grown.
    Penny pig needs to keep us posted.
  • rainymadrainymad Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Penny Pig wrote:
    Hello,

hi we are a small manufacturer of dog coats and have designed a coat for pigs kind of a cross between a new zealand horse rug and a dog coat as I wondered what you as the owner of a micro pig would think of the idea. Do you think there would be a market for these from pet pig owners with pampered porkers?!?
  • Pig Pen MomPig Pen Mom Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    I have heard about this problem. I did SO much research when I got my piggy to make sure it was a reputable breeder.

www.Zazzle.com/ThePigPen