We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

pig with her head tilting to one side

junglejj98junglejj98 Junior Member
edited August 2015 in General Pig Health
Hi There, Im new to this site. We have a pig and she just started to tilt her head to one side. I am leaning towards her having an ear infection or water in her ear. She was in the water trough a few days ago. I was reading that it can be treated by penicillin. Is there any certain kind? How much would I give to a 200 lb pig? Thought I would ask here to seek some knowledge. Thank you.

Comments

• blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    junglejj98 wrote:
    Hi There, Im new to this site. We have a pig and she just started to tilt her head to one side. I am leaning towards her having an ear infection or water in her ear. She was in the water trough a few days ago. I was reading that it can be treated by penicillin. Is there any certain kind? How much would I give to a 200 lb pig? Thought I would ask here to seek some knowledge. Thank you.
    Have you also not considered that she might have less sight in one eye than the other or be blind in one eye. Pigs that have sight in only one eye tilt their head to see all around. that being the case there is nothing you can do for her.