We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mange?

itsjames2011itsjames2011 Junior Member
edited August 2015 in General Pig Health
My mini pig is 2 years old and today I noticed he has brownish spotty looking skin on his neck and less hair than usual. Wondering if he's blowing his coat or if this could be mange mites? If so I will go buy some invermecto.

Pic:
f9p3yc.jpg

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Looks like Mange.
  • blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    My mini pig is 2 years old and today I noticed he has brownish spotty looking skin on his neck and less hair than usual. Wondering if he's blowing his coat or if this could be mange mites? If so I will go buy some invermecto.

Pic:
    f9p3yc.jpg

No point just giving one injection wont do the trick. You need to give the first one to every one on farm including all the babies and tiny babies and 21 days later do the second to all the pigs on the ground including babies still on mum and tiny ones as well. after the second one is done you need to get some spray and spray all their sleeping quarters to get all the eggs(that are laid on the ground) and the mites that might be on the ground ready to jump back on to their host. this should solve your mange for good!!!