We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Confused and would appreciate advice please

GailGail Junior Member
edited July 2015 in General Pig Health
Hi all, I bought 2 micro pigs, brother and sister on 7th March. They were 9 weeks old. I had the male castrated on 23rd march. They were both 11 weeks old then. A few days ago I felt what I believe to be babies moving around in the females tummy, when I worked the dates out, it was 116 days since the castration. After the initial shock, as I didn't want to breed, I started reading up about farrowing. Her vulva was red and swollen. It's been 5 days since then and her vulva is not as swollen, there is no milk, she is not nesting, but I can still feel lots of movement in her tummy. I don't know what's going on. What could cause all this movement if not babies? I've had a few people feel her tummy and they also think she is definitely pregnant, but going on dates of castration, it would have to be the 23 rd of March as the last possible date, unless castration hasn't worked? Any ideas? She was wormed 3 months ago. Thanks.