We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Wanted Micro Piglet.

LeiaLeia Junior Member
edited September 2012 in Market Place
I have be looking to get a piglet for a long time now i am currently in the process of getting a CPH number. I have researched into the caring for piglet. I am just very worried about what breeders to go to for my piglet does anybody on here have any for sale on here that are genuinely micro pigs or that can give me any advise.

Many thanks

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Leia wrote:
    I have be looking to get a piglet for a long time now i am currently in the process of getting a CPH number. I have researched into the caring for piglet. I am just very worried about what breeders to go to for my piglet does anybody on here have any for sale on here that are genuinely micro pigs or that can give me any advise.

Many thanks

Hi Liea, the only reputable breeder that I know of is Wendy Scudamore, Barton Hill, Kentchurch, Herefordshire, HR2 OBL. No. 01981 260749.
    Be very, very warned that there are alot of "cowboys" out there where micro's are concerned and this is the best place to go.
    Keep us posted on how you go.
  • LeiaLeia Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    Yes i have email Wendy many thanks i got her address from her website, i been wanting one for years but i do not want one tht gets huge, have you got a piglet from her??

Many Thanks
    edited January 2012
    Leia wrote:
    Yes i have email Wendy many thanks i got her address from her website, i been wanting one for years but i do not want one tht gets huge, have you got a piglet from her??

Many Thanks

She only sells Kunes or swedish micros so the chance of get a pig pig is minute.
    No I have not brought a pig from her, but know by word of mouth that she has a good reputaion, where as lots of others don't.
    Be careful of what you buy!
  • LeiaLeia Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    the problem i have is that i only want one and the reason we dont already have aniomls such as a dog is that my little sister is allergic to them so it is proving very hard fo rpeople to let meo nly have one although they will never be lonely due to peo[ple always being home. so fingers crossed she considers letting me have one.
    edited January 2012
    Leia wrote:
    the problem i have is that i only want one and the reason we dont already have aniomls such as a dog is that my little sister is allergic to them so it is proving very hard fo rpeople to let meo nly have one although they will never be lonely due to peo[ple always being home. so fingers crossed she considers letting me have one.

Pigs are very sociable animals so it would be better for them if they had company and they also require space. Am I to presume that she won't sell a pig to just any body! Could this be a women with standards.
  • papapowellpapapowell Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Hi Liea, the only reputable breeder that I know of is Wendy Scudamore, Barton Hill, Kentchurch, Herefordshire, HR2 OBL. No. 01981 260749.
    Be very, very warned that there are alot of "cowboys" out there where micro's are concerned and this is the best place to go.
    Keep us posted on how you go.

SOME PEOPLE ARE MOTIVATED PURELY BY SELF INTEREST!!

SEE LINK BELOW

http://swedishminipigs.wordpress.com/swedish-mini-pigs-and-the-truth-about-micro-pigs/
  • porkyporky Member
    edited May 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Pigs are very sociable animals so it would be better for them if they had company and they also require space. Am I to presume that she won't sell a pig to just any body! Could this be a women with standards.

Thank you Stevie , and yes Liea did contact me but sadly i was unable to sell her a pig as
    a) i don't sell micro pigs and don't believe there are any
    b) i don't sell single pigs
    c) i don't sell pigs to homes where i consider there is not enough space for at least 2 pigs to live happily, long term
    edited May 2012
    porky wrote:
    Thank you Stevie , and yes Liea did contact me but sadly i was unable to sell her a pig as
    a) i don't sell micro pigs and don't believe there are any
    b) i don't sell single pigs
    c) i don't sell pigs to homes where i consider there is not enough space for at least 2 pigs to live happily, long term

I take my nhat of to you.

A person with principles.
    A rarity.:D