We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

How much are pigs selling for?

DavidDavid Junior Member
edited October 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
Hi can anyone tell me how much/kg pigs are selling for?

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2011
    David wrote:
    Hi can anyone tell me how much/kg pigs are selling for?

What size pig and which country?
  • I8IggyI8Iggy Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Son selling his crew $30 for solid blacks at 6 wks of age, his pick of the litter $300 at 6 wks and the intact boar $100 at 6 wks of age
  • RowdyboyfarmsRowdyboyfarms Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    just sold my purebred berks for 85$CAD and will be selling my 3/4 berk 1/4 spot for 65$CAD all are presold before weaning
    edited July 2011
    just sold my purebred berks for 85$CAD and will be selling my 3/4 berk 1/4 spot for 65$CAD all are presold before weaning

Have done some poking about over the net and have found that unregistered pure bred Berks are selling for approx. 250 dollars and registered Berks 350 dollars(found on Active life farm and Malcolm H Browns site).
    I think your price may be too low.
    Take a look yourself and see what you think!:confused: :D
  • MrBernerMrBerner Member
    edited July 2011
    I just sold unregistered Mangalitza piglets 8 weeks old for £50 each, but I have seen registered adults going for the same price.

I just bought two massive 10 week old weaner Oxford Sandy Blacks for £25 each, seven weeks or so and they will be sausages.

My Berkshires are registered and good quality and I paid £75 each for gilts to breed from.

So I guess you get as much as you can and pay as little as you can:)
    edited July 2011
    MrBerner wrote:
    I just sold unregistered Mangalitza piglets 8 weeks old for £50 each, but I have seen registered adults going for the same price.

I just bought two massive 10 week old weaner Oxford Sandy Blacks for £25 each, seven weeks or so and they will be sausages.

My Berkshires are registered and good quality and I paid £75 each for gilts to breed from.

So I guess you get as much as you can and pay as little as you can:)

It pays to look around.:D
  • MrBernerMrBerner Member
    edited August 2011
    latest pics of my pork is at www.talesfromtherock.com

The OSBs seem to be stealing milk from the Mangalitzas:)
  • RowdyboyfarmsRowdyboyfarms Junior Member
    edited October 2011
    im selling them at 5 weeks. there not registered, my next few batches are going to be registered so the price should go up.