We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

New here I have a question

dixiequeen1986dixiequeen1986 Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
I have got a 13week old sow I guess you would call it. She has done been to the vet and she is 100% healthy.
She gets along well with my cat and both of my little dogs including my goat. She is like my shadow. I got her when she was 8 weeks of age and before I got her she was never handled. But my concern is this why is she biting and snapping at my boyfriend? We live together and you would think she would of done accepted him in her circle but I dont think she has. But not just him but my father too. Which he lives next door and comes over to check on the animals if I am at work. She charges at him. I am the only person she does not have a problem with. Like I said she is my shadow. Now I know my vet said that everyone needs to get in her little circle so she would consider them as her herd. But I am just not getting why is she not doing these things to me.:confused:

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I have got a 13week old sow I guess you would call it. She has done been to the vet and she is 100% healthy.
    She gets along well with my cat and both of my little dogs including my goat. She is like my shadow. I got her when she was 8 weeks of age and before I got her she was never handled. But my concern is this why is she biting and snapping at my boyfriend? We live together and you would think she would of done accepted him in her circle but I dont think she has. But not just him but my father too. Which he lives next door and comes over to check on the animals if I am at work. She charges at him. I am the only person she does not have a problem with. Like I said she is my shadow. Now I know my vet said that everyone needs to get in her little circle so she would consider them as her herd. But I am just not getting why is she not doing these things to me.:confused:

It the same old adage that she is very unlikely to "bite the hand that feeds her".
    Obviously your cat, dogs and goats are part of the herd and not your boyfriend and father and that she is just being protective.
    I suppose what you need to do is to train her in the same way as you would a dog and train her to distinguish between what is wrong and right and where her place really is.
    Always easier said than done.:D
  • Adley111Adley111 Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi all,
    i am new here,
    i have a question about the pig story of the year,
    what is best in it ????:D