We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tamrocs at 4 Weeks

GalapasGalapas Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
Here is a link to a clip on YouTube of our Tamroc piglets. These are hybrids of a Tamworth and a Duroc. They are very healthy and robust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltu9tnxCd2U

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Galapas wrote:
    Here is a link to a clip on YouTube of our Tamroc piglets. These are hybrids of a Tamworth and a Duroc. They are very healthy and robust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltu9tnxCd2U

Lacking time butbwill look later, as need my sleep.:D
  • I8IggyI8Iggy Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    OMG!!!! They are solid, love their color.

Too bad you live so far away. Would LOVE a gilt for our son's crew.
  • GalapasGalapas Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    They are very nice colour and they all have different ears -some are very upright, some are very floppy and I have one that has one floppy ear and one half-floppy ear. Their mother, Tansy, has a more reddish coat than our other Tams which are more rusty. We are keeping two of them to breed with Pericles, our purebred Tamworth boar. Another one of our gilts, Daisy is 1/2 Tam and 1/2 Duroc. I am very interested in seeing what her piglets will look like. She has a beautiful burgundy coat and her piglets will be 1/4 Tam and 3/4 Duroc. We AI'd her so we don't know what the sire looked like, or what shade of red his coat was. Her sister Dolly has a lighter coat.

I am posting a few pictures so you can see the difference in their ears and coats - the piglets are just under 6 weeks old in these pictures. The picture of the two pigs together is of Prissy a purebred Tam, and her daughter Daisy, who is one of our hybrids. Prissy doesn't have as nice a coat as her daughters and I'm sure it's because she spent the first nine months of her life confined inside in a small stall :(