We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Fluid On 2 Week Old Piglet

CHESHIREPIGSCHESHIREPIGS Junior Member
edited January 2011 in Vets and Producers
WE HAD A LITTER 2 WEEKS AGO 8 BORN 8 STILL GOING
THEY ARE CROSS BETWEEN LARGE WHITE SOW AND PIETRAIN BOAR
1 OF THE PIGLETS HAS FLUID ALL OVER ITS BUM AREA FROM ONE SIDE OF ITS LEG ACROSS THE BUM AREA TO OTHER LEG. ITS ONLY AT THE BACK DOEST GO NEAR THE FRONT.
AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE SHAPE OF THE PIETRAIN BUT ITS GETTING BIGGER BY THE DAY.
ITS LIKE A SMALL WATER BAG
PIGLET IS FEEDING WELL AND NO OTHERS HAVE THIS PROBLEM
ANY IDEAS ??????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    WE HAD A LITTER 2 WEEKS AGO 8 BORN 8 STILL GOING
    THEY ARE CROSS BETWEEN LARGE WHITE SOW AND PIETRAIN BOAR
    1 OF THE PIGLETS HAS FLUID ALL OVER ITS BUM AREA FROM ONE SIDE OF ITS LEG ACROSS THE BUM AREA TO OTHER LEG. ITS ONLY AT THE BACK DOEST GO NEAR THE FRONT.
    AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE SHAPE OF THE PIETRAIN BUT ITS GETTING BIGGER BY THE DAY.
    ITS LIKE A SMALL WATER BAG
    PIGLET IS FEEDING WELL AND NO OTHERS HAVE THIS PROBLEM
    ANY IDEAS ??????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, lance it at the base with a sow needle and drain the fluid out(do not cut it open with a scauple). If it fills up again, drain it again. After the second time it should go, but repeat it until it stays empty. Lance it at its base so it drains fully.
    And let us know how you go!!!!!!!:D
  • CHESHIREPIGSCHESHIREPIGS Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Stevie G
    Did It First Day Loads Came Out Did It Again Second Day There Is A Tiny Bit Left But Seems To Have Gone. Gave It A Little Bit Of Peniciilian Think Its Ok Now. Will Let You Know How I Get On With Her In A Few Weeks:)