We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Free Pigs To Good Homes

edited March 2013 in Market Place
We have many pigs - rescued or unwanted looking for new homes - boars, gilts, sows, all mixed breeds - some big some small. Too many to list so please dont ask. Looking for homes ASAP. We are in Cambridgeshire and if you have land, a trailer and a CPH number you can arrange to visit and rehome some. Your help is greatly appreciated. please ring 07577598073

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    We have many pigs - rescued or unwanted looking for new homes - boars, gilts, sows, all mixed breeds - some big some small. Too many to list so please dont ask. Looking for homes ASAP. We are in Cambridgeshire and if you have land, a trailer and a CPH number you can arrange to visit and rehome some. Your help is greatly appreciated. please ring 07577598073

This to me is a puzzling one and do not understand it as Jane Croft owns Little-Pig-farm and normally sells Micro pigs????? So can you please explain to me Jane why you have many a free pig. Is this to do with The British Pet Pig Society and that these pigs do not belong to you???
    Guys you can obtain pigs for nothing in the Uk, so if this is a worthy cause check this out as originally the British Pet Pig Society where at the centre of rescuing neglected pet pigs, but I do not understand why Jane Croft from Little-Pig-Farm is involved???
    Can you please explain to us Jane what is going on here???
    If this is a worthy case then I am happy to back it, but can someone explain exactly as to what is going on as Janes past has not always been that perfect??????
  • AnnacAnnac Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Surely this does not have anything to do with BPPS - Matthew Firth strongly denied this on a thread in June 2010 ;)

Oh what did happen to the BPPS site - its no longer up and running???

Jane did you rescue all those pigs associated to the BPPS??
  • edited February 2011
    In answer to your question, I have had many pigs returned that came from a certain breeder up north - not only ones that I sold but ones I took in as people couldnt cope with their size. Its my own fault - i took too many in and my weekly food bill became astronomical. I have been very sucessful in finding them homes - they have gone all over th ecoutry - I only have a few rescues left. Yes i sell Micro Pigs but these are ones that have grown bigger than anticipated - just for clarification - NOT all sold by me but from the same stock! Many thanks
  • Trotters AwayTrotters Away Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Guess it's a case of reaping what you sow with the pigs being the real loosers :(
  • blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited March 2011
    You cant justify giving pigs away, the feed bill is astronomical. If you could not look after them then may be you should not ahve taken them on, but to give them away to any body that walks in the door is also not a good option. You need to have people that care and are prepared to pay for them then they will look after them.
  • lyn-agroservices.co.uklyn-agroservices.co.uk Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Hello, I would not argue the question if to take/not take on pigs, as i know how awful amounts represent the feed bills. more i am interested about is individuals- looking for saddleback boar, rather large/long, with some experience. His job would be 2 rather macro saddleback sows. Photos welcome. Should you wish to discuss, 07708186461 or lyn-agroservices@hotmail.co.uk. Boar would have a cushy life with us, but need to be man enough to do a job, as both girls are rather dominant. Thank you
    thank you Diana
  • kirsty89kirsty89 Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    i am very interested in getting 1 or 2 pigs for my mum, she has always wanted a pig. im not sure where to start but was reading above an sounds like u done a wonderful job. could u give me some info about them, an prices please, an your location
    thank you

kirsty
  • indierocker101indierocker101 Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    Hello there,

My family and I are looking for a micro pig to join our family, we have been wanting a small pig that wont grow to big and will be a perfect pet.
    Thank you
    edited April 2011
    Hello there,

My family and I are looking for a micro pig to join our family, we have been wanting a small pig that wont grow to big and will be a perfect pet.
    Thank you

The best place to get Kunes or Mini pigs(pretty sure she sells them as well) is from Wendy Scudamore at Barton Hill farm and her no. is 01981240749. If you go any where else you will be wasting your money!
  • animal arksanimal arks Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    We obviously resent the comment made that the only place to buy kune kune pigs is from Wendy.
    We bought an excellant breeding trio from Wendy are you saying we shouldnt breed and sell the offspring.
    It gets even more potty when Wendy is getting first pick of one of our gilts when they farrow next.
    So perhaps Wendy isnt the only place to buy good Kune kunes
    edited October 2011
    paula659 wrote:
    A friend of mine have a 4yo a male desexed Mini Pig availalbe
    Free to good Home - children have lost interest.
    very freindly Pig loves scratches and treats

Definatley not for eating - I have volunteered to do that already ;)

People need to know where you are????:D
  • KatrinKatrin Junior Member
    edited November 2011
    paula659 wrote:
    A friend of mine have a 4yo a male desexed Mini Pig availalbe
    Free to good Home - children have lost interest.
    very freindly Pig loves scratches and treats

Definatley not for eating - I have volunteered to do that already ;)
    I'm looking for a mini pig, but I live in Ukraine :( Is there any chance to get one??
  • brat2012brat2012 Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    hey im selina
    i love pigs and i would soo take one in a second but what do you have to have in order to have one cause i have a trailer and lots of pasture and i want one for a pet but i havent found anyfree ones :(
    edited April 2012
    brat2012 wrote:
    hey im selina
    i love pigs and i would soo take one in a second but what do you have to have in order to have one cause i have a trailer and lots of pasture and i want one for a pet but i havent found anyfree ones :(

Hi Selina, you can't get pigs for free in every country except may be if you try the RSPCA.
    In the UK there are rescue centres(and probably other countries) which rescue pigs, along with other animals, and these are the people that you would be able to get intouch with.:D
    Where abouts are you living????
    edited April 2012
    martyall wrote:
    Where Blonde???

Nice one. I think that it is interesting to get some pigs. But, We are too far away in your area? What should I do?
    fly one across!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    fly one across!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that in Business or Economy class or should I just shove it in my siut case, hey Blonde?:D

"Do you have anything to declare?"

"On no", grunt, grunt.:rolleyes: :D

PS there are very few mountains in North Carolina as I've lived there and its mainly flat.;)
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Whats that in Business or Economy class or should I just shove it in my siut case, hey Blonde?:D

"Do you have anything to declare?"

"On no", grunt, grunt.:

PS there are very few mountains in North Carolina as I've lived there and its mainly flat.;)
    Put one in your suit case....... the air hostesses might have a good giggle at piggy on board a plain/COLOR]
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Hi Selina, you can't get pigs for free in every country except may be if you try the RSPCA.
    In the UK there are rescue centres(and probably other countries) which rescue pigs, along with other animals, and these are the people that you would be able to get intouch with.:D
    Where abouts are you living????
    :You can just give pigs away......what about the cost of feed........You have to charge something for them......besides people will after them better if they have had to invest some hard earned cash in to them.......worth a thought Stevie. Gee if I lived next door I would be laughing....could take them all on......!!!!
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    :You can just give pigs away......what about the cost of feed........You have to charge something for them......besides people will after them better if they have had to invest some hard earned cash in to them.......worth a thought Stevie. Gee if I lived next door I would be laughing....could take them all on......!!!!

Theres plenty of wild pigs around where you are Blonde, so you could have a muster and round them up.:D
    With the RSPCA and other rescue sanctuaries all you need to do is make a donation or leave a tin of food rather than pay a big fat fee.

http://thewonderpig.com.au

PS. A little bit too far for you to go just to get a truck full of pigs, NSW.:D
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Theres plenty of wild pigs around where you are Blonde, so you could have a muster and round them up.:D
    With the RSPCA and other rescue sanctuaries all you need to do is make a donation or leave a tin of food rather than pay a big fat fee.

http://thewonderpig.com.au

PS. A little bit too far for you to go just to get a truck full of pigs, NSW.:D
    Never seen wild pigs here Stevie.....you must be just dreaming.....No nice blue streams to swim in etc. Besides it is too hot where I live for the good old wild pig:D
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    Never seen wild pigs here Stevie.....you must be just dreaming.....No nice blue streams to swim in etc. Besides it is too hot where I live for the good old wild pig:D

Well Blonde, if you had picked a better location ie Margret River, you might have had nice blue flowing streams at certain times of year, but for some mad reason you've choosen Wilgoyne(the back of beyond) to have your farm??
    There are more wild pigs than people in Australia, so Iam lead to believe, so I can only presume you sleep most of the time.:confused: ;) :D
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    Well Blonde, if you had picked a better location ie Margret River, you might have had nice blue flowing streams at certain times of year, but for some mad reason you've choosen Wilgoyne(the back of beyond) to have your farm??
    There are more wild pigs than people in Australia, so Iam lead to believe, so I can only presume you sleep most of the time.:confused: ;) :D
    YOu need to be close enough to the abs ...... but not too far that they sit on a truck for hours. You cant be near a river or creek or town water......RED TAPE I AM AFRAID TO SAY You have buffer zones to meet, and some shires don't wont pigs any more in their shires...... problem

As for wild pigs there are more wild pigs in QLD than there are anywhere else..... the dig up the cane fields and make a horrible mess..Foul the water ways. They are being trapped though and hopefully this will help reduce the population. There is also an export market for them out of QLD There is something like 20 million wild pigs in Australia

obvioulsy noting wrong with their mating habits...... hey Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rhodierhodie Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Why too hot Blonde? on my cattle ranch in the Kalahari bushveld, I had warthogs all over the ranch and bushpigs (look similar to European wild boar) in the riperian wooded area. I have seen feral pigs in similar environments, including in the USA.
    edited April 2012
    rhodie wrote:
    Why too hot Blonde? on my cattle ranch in the Kalahari bushveld, I had warthogs all over the ranch and bushpigs (look similar to European wild boar) in the riperian wooded area. I have seen feral pigs in similar environments, including in the USA.
    I don't live near any streams, creeks, soaks or springs for miles. I bring it to the surface via a bore some 50 metres or more below ground. We have a huge aquifer below us and with a water license I am allowed to pump all day and all night to keep the piggery going. I only have a 1/2 horsepower motor below ground and that is all I can use otherwise I have to have a bigger deeper hole made. I store it in a tank and it gravitates down the hill to the piggery and the rest of the farm. I am thinking about a bigger motor and a larger hole but it cost a lot of money to do all of this. hence I would have to apply for a bigger license. I thn have to take the Ph readings once a year and the level of the water. It is high in iron and very acidic....naturally. The acidity eats out all the stainless steel drinkers and any brass fittings I use. I have a concrete tank with steel in it and it is slowly destroying the tank by rusting the steel in the concrete walls out. The iron comes out of the ground and in to the tank, and once the oxygen in the air mixes with it it precipitates out of the water and sinks to the bottom of the tank. so weekly I have the job of opening all the lines and letting the iron out of the system. It is a pain.

Besides the temperature in summer time is up around 45 to 51 celcius too hot for wild pigs..... no where to cool off. You can see them some 130 km away on the Moore River......
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    I don't live near any streams, creeks, soaks or springs for miles. I bring it to the surface via a bore some 50 metres or more below ground. We have a huge aquifer below us and with a water license I am allowed to pump all day and all night to keep the piggery going. I only have a 1/2 horsepower motor below ground and that is all I can use otherwise I have to have a bigger deeper hole made. I store it in a tank and it gravitates down the hill to the piggery and the rest of the farm. I am thinking about a bigger motor and a larger hole but it cost a lot of money to do all of this. hence I would have to apply for a bigger license. I thn have to take the Ph readings once a year and the level of the water. It is high in iron and very acidic....naturally. The acidity eats out all the stainless steel drinkers and any brass fittings I use. I have a concrete tank with steel in it and it is slowly destroying the tank by rusting the steel in the concrete walls out. The iron comes out of the ground and in to the tank, and once the oxygen in the air mixes with it it precipitates out of the water and sinks to the bottom of the tank. so weekly I have the job of opening all the lines and letting the iron out of the system. It is a pain.

Besides the temperature in summer time is up around 45 to 51 celcius too hot for wild pigs..... no where to cool off. You can see them some 130 km away on the Moore River......

A very strange place to be bring up pigs hey Blonde, Wilgoyne?????
    There are more hospitable places in WA you could be, so why there???:confused:
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    A very strange place to be bring up pigs hey Blonde, Wilgoyne?????
    There are more hospitable places in WA you could be, so why there???:confused:
    Where is Wilgoyne.....sounds like a station in the Northern Territory I would be interested to know or is it your next town in Queensland.....that would make us neighbours.
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    Where is Wilgoyne.....sounds like a station in the Northern Territory I would be interested to know or is it your next town in Queensland.....that would make us neighbours.

I told you your mind was going Blonde.;) :D
    edited April 2012
    Stevie G wrote:
    I told you your mind was going Blonde.;) :D
    I dont think so Stevie.....:rolleyes:
    edited April 2012
    blonde wrote:
    I dont think so Stevie.....:rolleyes:

Wilgoyne is a bit east from you, so closer to you than me hey Blonde.
    Not quite right on the location, but also not that far off.

What made you pick this location any way????:confused:
  • odettemayersodettemayers Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    I guess, it is a good investment if we start breeding a pig and I hope you are very open to this. Some of your pigs will get a new home as well as you earned money at the same time. Will be contacting you soon and hope you find a new home for them.