We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

wobble head?

tmmobbstmmobbs Junior Member
edited January 2011 in Vets and Producers
had litter yesterday, and had 2 with wobble heads , were there heads shake, so i hope this goes away, never had any with this problem. any comments on this would be great on it

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Click on "Show Menu", then "Knowledge Centre", then "Pig Diseases, then Congenital Tremors and it will explain all!!!
    I have seen it in the past and the piglets eventually grow out of it, and will stay healthy as long as they have recieved enough of their mothers colostrum. A pig like this I would give extra TLC to, to ensure it recieves colostrum in the first 12 hours after birth, unless it is evidence it it already suckling well.
  • BlueButtBlueButt Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Stevie G wrote:
    Click on "Show Menu", then "Knowledge Centre", then "Pig Diseases, then Congenital Tremors and it will explain all!!!
    I have seen it in the past and the piglets eventually grow out of it, and will stay healthy as long as they have recieved enough of their mothers colostrum. A pig like this I would give extra TLC to, to ensure it recieves colostrum in the first 12 hours after birth, unless it is evidence it it already suckling well.
    will it compete with it s litter mates or does it have to be seperated out intoo a weaker mob?