We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Actions speak louder then words

I8IggyI8Iggy Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Pig Tales and Stories
Well son and show pig and friend are steadly working towards the market hog show at the fair in less then a week. We went to walk his show pig and tried to get her to the barn. Well by the round about way we got her to the barn, then into the barn and out. Well she had enough of walking so she high tailed it to her pen and sat right inside of the pen with the gate wide open until the food pan to HER. Then son got the great ideal if we can walk one out of the pen why not both. Well we started yesterday and they did great. However between the cow pies and the just fallen pecans, there wasn't much walking to be done...LOL.

Comments

• blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I8Iggy wrote:
    Well son and show pig and friend are steadly working towards the market hog show at the fair in less then a week. We went to walk his show pig and tried to get her to the barn. Well by the round about way we got her to the barn, then into the barn and out. Well she had enough of walking so she high tailed it to her pen and sat right inside of the pen with the gate wide open until the food pan to HER. Then son got the great ideal if we can walk one out of the pen why not both. Well we started yesterday and they did great. However between the cow pies and the just fallen pecans, there wasn't much walking to be done...LOL.
    too much interest in what was on the ground to be worried about what was supposed to be happeing. May be sweep the ground before you take Ruby and Garnet out of the pens for a walk.
  • I8IggyI8Iggy Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Well the next day son and I got her to the lot and she took off with the dogs to round up cattle. My mom has always told me that pigs would chase cattle. Never really gave it any thought until Ruby, La-La and Sweete were out in the field bringing in the cattle from the property fence line. Where's the camera when you need one???? Son had to call the two dogs to get Ruby back up...LOL... La-La and Sweete jump into the water trough and Ruby had to go back to their pen to cool off in the swimming pool that has been turned into their wallow.

Now she tried her best to go through the black gate where the shed that has there food in. If only she could find a way to open it.
    edited October 2010
    I8Iggy wrote:
    Well the next day son and I got her to the lot and she took off with the dogs to round up cattle. My mom has always told me that pigs would chase cattle. Never really gave it any thought until Ruby, La-La and Sweete were out in the field bringing in the cattle from the property fence line. Where's the camera when you need one???? Son had to call the two dogs to get Ruby back up...LOL... La-La and Sweete jump into the water trough and Ruby had to go back to their pen to cool off in the swimming pool that has been turned into their wallow.

Now she tried her best to go through the black gate where the shed that has there food in. If only she could find a way to open it.
    Given time she might learn if the latch is lower enough for her to have a fiddle. I have 2 silos here on the farm that they have learnt to open, so have drilled a hole at the top of the trap door and put a pin in to stop them from lifting it up. Otherwise the old girls can open the door and feed goes every where, not much fun....
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited October 2010
    So why didn't you drill the holes for the pig board at the same time Blonde???? Thought you Women could multi-task???(snigger,snigger). As I always thought its just a myth.:D
    Well actually Stevie.......................................is that so Blonde?????
    edited October 2010
    Stevie G wrote:
    So why didn't you drill the holes for the pig board at the same time Blonde???? Thought you Women could multi-task???(snigger,snigger). As I always thought its just a myth.:D
    Well actually Stevie.......................................is that so Blonde?????
    Well actually Stevie.....I can multitask, :rolleyes: no it is not a myth..... Stevie..... You can snigger all you like.....Is the wife good at multitasking.....?????or do you not notice....!!!! :D Besides did the silos a few years ago. This is a new board and have done nothing with it for now. Have to wait till the Tennis Elbow returns to normal before I hop on the drill again. So am looking for a volunteer to put holes in it for me......interested Stevie....Short of that I shall leave it in the shed and not use it for now...:D
    edited October 2010
    Whats that, holes into your elbow??? That will drain it quicker. And you should do more work and play less tennis and you won't have a problem.
    Stop the hobby farming and become a real pig farmer, then there will be no time for tennis(snigger,snigger).
    And NO I haven't notice, as it all in the head.(snigger,snigger):D
    edited October 2010
    Stevie G wrote:
    Whats that, holes into your elbow??? That will drain it quicker. And you should do more work and play less tennis and you won't have a problem.
    Stop the hobby farming and become a real pig farmer, then there will be no time for tennis(snigger,snigger).
    And NO I haven't notice, as it all in the head.(snigger,snigger):D
    Your not very sympathetic.......I do have loads of work to do and it is very slow and difficult to cope with......so dont snigger, too hard will you or you might develop it as well......................................Stevie!!!:D
    edited October 2010
    Do you do another job as well then???????????(snigger,snigger)
    And just for the record I have had it, but fortunately it wasn't that serious and didn't last long, so did need time off. Can't you get someone to cover, so you can have a break?????? Good Luck with your problem!!!
    edited October 2010
    Stevie G wrote:
    Do you do another job as well then???????????(snigger,snigger)
    And just for the record I have had it, but fortunately it wasn't that serious and didn't last long, so did need time off. Can't you get someone to cover, so you can have a break?????? Good Luck with your problem!!!
    Thanks Stevie.....but no.....no one around here close enough to help out.
    edited October 2010
    I'll get old Colin from Kenyanup(sp?) to come give you a hand. He did outdoor pigs for 10years. Hes doing nothing special but sitting on his back side!!!!!!
  • I8IggyI8Iggy Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Well we took the ladies to the fair this week. It took Ruby and Garnet to watch our son on and close the latch twice and they opened the gate themselves. I had to use a dog lead to keep the gate close. It was so funney when the saw us coming they would have the latch open and was just waiting on us to undo the dog leash to be let out for a run in the show pen.