We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

great new pig toy busy buddy linkables

toulatoula Member
edited March 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
hi i just wanted to let everyone know about this 'dog' toy but my mini pigs love it. It is a treat dispensing dog toy, i ordered one for my 3 dogs today but thought i'd see if the pigs liked it too. The holes are just big enough for there pellets to come through.
I brought it from coolcanine.co.uk
I also brought them the jug dispensing treat toy and they love that too, though the dogs are abit confused thinking its theirs.

Comments

• Pig Pen MomPig Pen Mom Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks! I'll have to try those toys! I have a "buster cube" for my pig (you can buy them in the dog section of pet store) and they dispense treats too. I also found that the "Nina Ottosson" puzzle toys for dogs are great. Some pet stores sell them (or just type her name into amazon.com). They are fun puzzles to find the treats and my pig loves them. My only complaint is that they are pretty pricey.

www.Zazzle.com/ThePigPen
  • BlueButtBlueButt Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    toula wrote:
    hi i just wanted to let everyone know about this 'dog' toy but my mini pigs love it. It is a treat dispensing dog toy, i ordered one for my 3 dogs today but thought i'd see if the pigs liked it too. The holes are just big enough for there pellets to come through.
    I brought it from coolcanine.co.uk
    I also brought them the jug dispensing treat toy and they love that too, though the dogs are abit confused thinking its theirs.
    Pigs like each other.... but toys.... I dont have any toys in my pen, they just have each other and they play quite well with each other.....different!!!!!!!!
  • toulatoula Member
    edited January 2011
    mine play with each other, the chickens, the rabbits, the kids, the dogs and their toys, they are 2 very happy mini pigs!
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Toula are they all still living in perfect harmoney, and out of interest where did you buy your mini's from?????:)
  • toulatoula Member
    edited February 2011
    hi steve yep all in perfect harmony. But i think i have to make the heart breaking decision of selling my girls due to work committments. My baby is coming 2 this year and i have to work more hours now.
    I really dont want to sell them as they are great with the kids, great with the animals espcially the dogs, they roll over for a belly rub, they lie or stand for me to check their ears, their teeth and hooves. They are a delight to be around but due to me working more hours i dont feel i am giving them enough time and they love human contact and interaction.
    I havent advertised them yet as it upsets me everytime i go to write an advert. So i dont know what to do, i keep hoping i'll win the lottery so i wouldnt have to work.
    I got them from oxford.
  • toulatoula Member
    edited March 2011
    billis, bills, bills means i have to do more hours at work so i cant do anything about that. Just spending time at night and some weekends (as i'm going to have to work some weekends ) just wont be enough for them as they do love human interaction and it wouldnt be fair on them.
    edited March 2011
    Its certainly going to be sad for them if you sell them!:(
  • toulatoula Member
    edited March 2011
    it will be very sad, i#ll cry like a baby when they go. Luckily i have found them a great home only an hour away and the lady has other miniatures too and is very experienced in keeping pigs. She said i can go and visit them whenever i like.
    edited March 2011
    toula wrote:
    it will be very sad, i#ll cry like a baby when they go. Luckily i have found them a great home only an hour away and the lady has other miniatures too and is very experienced in keeping pigs. She said i can go and visit them whenever i like.

All in all its worked out well, which is go for them and you.:D
    How did you find this lady????