We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

anyone used redvet.com ?

duroch18duroch18 Junior Member
edited February 2011 in Vets and Producers
hi iwas wondering if anyone has used redvet.com to get vet meds from yet?

the site looks new (ish) and im wondering if it is a real site as the prices seem way to low to be legitimate.

However i do know from friends that northern Ireland has cheaper medicines than everywhere else for some reasons.

has anyone used it or knows the vet in charge?

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I have never used it, but suggest you make a small purchase off it first and see what you get for your money. There are restrictions anyway on the purchase of drugs, so it would only be available in a limited area ie Northern Ireland, the UK??? As they have there own site Vet who authorises the use/sale of drugs then I don't see it would be a problem.
    I had a quick look on the site, and no I don't know the Vet, and for the UK there are big restrictions on drugs, so if it wasn't legitamate then they wouldn't be allowed to do it, so my guess is its a safe better. Now if it was based in India, Afghanistan, or some where else like that then that would be a different matter!!!!!!!
  • BlueButtBlueButt Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Stevie G wrote:
    I have never used it, but suggest you make a small purchase off it first and see what you get for your money. There are restrictions anyway on the purchase of drugs, so it would only be available in a limited area ie Northern Ireland, the UK??? As they have there own site Vet who authorises the use/sale of drugs then I don't see it would be a problem.
    I had a quick look on the site, and no I don't know the Vet, and for the UK there are big restrictions on drugs, so if it wasn't legitamate then they wouldn't be allowed to do it, so my guess is its a safe better. Now if it was based in India, Afghanistan, or some where else like that then that would be a different matter!!!!!!!
    Does it matter where the vet comes from as long as he has the knowledge to treat an ill pig!!!:confused:
    edited October 2010
    The only thing is Bluebutt, it won't be the Vet doing anything except signing the documents to allow you to obtain or purchase the drugs from that company as that is a requirement under UK. As to coming around to inject your pig, that would be a seperate cost, an highly unlikely.
    Whats really being asked is whether this company is reputable, so if any ones had the pleasure of using this internet company, please let us know!!!!
    edited October 2010
    "please let us know" - most definately. You will be the first to be contacted for fear of displaying incorrect information. I thought you were a VET with all the advice you offer but I have since found you are only the truck driver.

Did any one ever say I was a Vet???? It is you who are providing incorrect information!!!!!:D And yes, you've got that bit correct, after 30 years of pig farming(on both indoor and outdoor piggeries) I now drive trucks!!!!!!!!!!!! And so what!!!!!
    The only person who really cares is you Mr. Nobby Norris!!!!!
    Its obviously a case of "little things for little minds".
    And just for the record, do you really think I care what you think??????? My answer is NO!!!!!!:D
  • rhodierhodie Senior Member
    edited February 2011
    Gough Whitlam; Steve has worked with me both in the UK and USA and I can vouch for his experience and knowledge in all aspects of pig breeding/rearing, I don't recall his indicating any veterinary qualifications on this forum, nor has he posted any information or advice I would disagree with. There are too few experienced people prepared to take the time to give (free) advice on this or any other forum, so value those prepared to give of their training and experience!
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for that Rhodie, but enough was enough and the person in question as been dealt with, and is not welcome on this site any more.
    I don't mind people having different opinions, but abuse is Never acceptable(G.W was given enough chance) and was aload to go on too long, but thankfully it will nolonger be a problem.
    This site is a whole lot better for it!!!!!!!!:D