We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Help saved a pig what is it?

krystalblack82krystalblack82 Junior Member
edited January 2011 in Pig Tales and Stories
I got a little pig yesterday, a lady bought 2 of them to raise and eat, they are right at 5 months old, the other one was around 60 or so pounds, then she had this one that she didnt want because it some how is a dwarf and no good for her, so our piggie is about 20lbs we have a smaller pug dog and she's the same size! the lady did NOT know the breed, but assured me they were not potbellies! I've been searching the internet for days i cant find any with spots like this and such strait ears!

either way piggie is a loving pet to us, and is living up the house and rooting in the dirt every chance she gets, i'd just love to know!

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I got a little pig yesterday, a lady bought 2 of them to raise and eat, they are right at 5 months old, the other one was around 60 or so pounds, then she had this one that she didnt want because it some how is a dwarf and no good for her, so our piggie is about 20lbs we have a smaller pug dog and she's the same size! the lady did NOT know the breed, but assured me they were not potbellies! I've been searching the internet for days i cant find any with spots like this and such strait ears!

either way piggie is a loving pet to us, and is living up the house and rooting in the dirt every chance she gets, i'd just love to know!

It certainly been crossed with a Hampshire/Blue Butt with may be a Large white?????
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    blonde wrote:
    Might get a whole lot bigger now that it is on its own. Might have been missing out on feed seeing she had more than one.....shy feeder possibly certainly got hampshire in her and possibly large white, guess she wont stay small for too long....she will out grow your dog I think!

What breeds do you use in your pigs Blonde????? I a little unsure about the black dots on its back? Certain of the fact there's Hampshire/Blue Butt in it as it has the grey black areas around its back and pointed ears. Surely if you breed a Hampshire with a Large white it would be a whiter pig than it is???
  • morvannamorvanna Member
    edited October 2010
    Love the markings! My Hampshire cross white piglets are blue and white but no black spots. I would say Hamp x Old Spot myself. I'm contemplating putting the Spot boar on 2 of my Hampshires in a couple of weeks as my new hampy boar isnt big enough for the sows just yet, would need an orange box to reach.
  • clovenheartsclovenhearts Junior Member
    edited October 2010
    Congrats on the new addition, whatever breeds he/she is... Very cute!
  • Pig Pen MomPig Pen Mom Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Congrats on your new pig! He's adorable. Looks like some of the pigs from the breeder I got my piggy from. Those pigs are mixed but have a lot of "juliani" in them. Juliani come in these colors: red, red and white, silver, silver and white, spotted, and several other unique color patterns. The picture looks a lot like these Juliani mixed pigs.

www.Zazzle.com/ThePigPen
  • awhittakerawhittaker Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    your piggy is cute we bought a pig and whiel we were at the farm noticed this small one so cute and she was like take him or iam giving him to the coyotes:( so i gladly swooped him up! he is smaller than his litter mate by about 45 pounds so maybe he was just a runt and not able to get to all the goodies! mine is the same about the size of a pug either way we love him! good luck!