We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mange

BonnieGirl82BonnieGirl82 Junior Member
edited January 2010 in General Pig Health
My Yorkshire, Pig, has mange. I treated her with Ivomec injectable given orally, but I havent seen an improvement, in fact it seems to have worsened.

I think I might have gottent he dosage wrong. For a pig about 150-175lbs what is the appropriate dosage? Does it differ if given orally?

WHat is the best product to use to treat her hut and her pen?

Comments

• jimhiltonjimhilton Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    1 cc per 75# for ivomec.
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2010
    It must be done subcutaneously, which means at a 45 degree angle, and when you rub your hand over the injected area you should feel a lump. This way its released into the body gradually. If you inject it intra-muscularly it won't work proberly. If you don't wish to inject a pour-on is another option, Point-Guard, Taktic 12.5%, Linane20% EC,etc. being good products. I've never done Mange treatments orally, simply because oral dosing in sows is not reliable enough. You could spray your hut with Tiktac, Ectin 10% WDL or Tiguvon 3% DO. Disinfectants are good for killing Mange ie Vircon S(?), but make sure you clean the hut of straw and poo, or better still power wash out, then spray. Always read your labels when giving these products, and a repeat dosage is generally needed at 7-14 days and each product has a diferent withdrawal date, so check you instructions.