We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Micro Pig Documentary

big_pig_productionsbig_pig_productions Junior Member
edited November 2009 in Pig Tales and Stories
Hi Everyone,
Here at Big Pig Productions we are fascinated with the new phenomenon of micro pigs and are in the process of making a documentary about them. In turn we are also interested in the domesticity of any pig breed.

We are looking for owners and in particular owners-to-be who could give us a look into the lives of owning a pig as a domestic pet, pig proofing your house, and all the ups and downs that come with it.

We are starting to film very soon so If you or anyone you know may be interested in being part of our film we would love to hear from you asap.

For more information please reply to this message or email me on sarah.hulands@live.co.uk so that we can talk further

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

Comments

• big_pig_productionsbig_pig_productions Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Thank you for some brilliant replies so far which have been very helpful

Just to clarify our intentions, as I have been asked a couple of times;

We do not want to use this documentary to promote pigs as pets, but to show an honest insight into keeping one and the responsibilities that come with it. We are concerned about people who buy pigs for christmas and may later on abandon them as they grow bigger.

We are interested in both sides of the story; both the concerns of keeping pigs domestically, and the benefits of a great human-pig relationship when kept properly and fairly. To show this we would like to talk to breeders and owners who are experienced in the area.
  • minipiglvrminipiglvr Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi, I saw your interest in the relationship with mini pigs and humans on the Pig Site. I raise mini pigs to sell as pets. I have Kune Kune pigs, a pair, and 3 other mixed breed very tiny sows that are my producers of the wonderful affectionate, people friendly mini piglets. I raise them on an acre+ with a barn, two sheep and a Shetland pony. I have a website in the making that has testimonials from buyers who have become mini pig lovers. If you would like to contact me please do. I would love to rave about the joys of having mini pigs as house pets or additions to a small farm. I am becoming convinced that pigs may take over the title of "man's best friend". I would be happy to tell you what it takes to make a house a home for a mini pig and the adventure of becoming a mini pig lover.
    Sincerely,
    Mary Jo Ahkna
    Tacoma, WA
    253-720-6235