We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sales Representative (Hog Barn - Parts & Equipment) Needed

jthomas@hogslat.comjthomas@hogslat.com Junior Member
edited January 2010 in Employment/Jobs
Hog Slat, Inc., the world's largest provider of equipment and turnkey facilities to the swine and poultry industries, is seeking an exceptional salesperson to join our team in Washington, IA.

The primary role of the person in this position will be to manage a sales territory in direct support of the Hog Slat retail locations in Washington, IA and Pittsfield, IL. The emphasis for this position will be to direct new customers into these retail locations as well as sales of replacement parts & equipment to those new customers.

The IDEAL CANDIDATE for this position will be familiar with this territory and more specifically with the decision makers in the area's swine industry.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.

• Develop a strong relationship with customers in the territory
• Drive new customers into area Hog Slat locations for parts & equipment sales
• Identify potential growth areas including independents, and contract growers
• Increase our market share
• Be proactive in establishing new marketing strategies for specific areas of your territory
• Sell parts & equipment for swine facilities
• Continually learn new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills
• Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, products, and markets for our products and services
• Attend sales and participate in sales meetings, vendor product seminars, and trade shows
• Organize and attend local and regional trade shows in the territory

SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
The IDEAL CANDIDATE will have the following experience/educational background:

• Extensive knowledge of the swine industry and the pork producers in the area
• Knowledge of parts and equipment used in modern swine facilities
• At least 5 years sales experience required
• At least 2 years in a position within the swine industry required
• General PC familiarity
• Ability to use Outlook Email, Word, Excel, in daily communications
• Ability to easily become proficient at using the Hog Slat Quote System

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
The most qualified candidate will have the following personal characteristics:

• Hardworking
• Self-Motivated
• Ability to complete projects within a specified time period
• Ability to multi-task
• Works well in a team setting
• Ability to work independently
• Good attendance record

Additional information about Hog Slat, Inc. and the Sales Representative position can be found at http://careers.hogslat.com.

Interested individuals should contact:
Jamie Overton Thomas
Recruiting & Training Manager
Hog Slat, Inc.
jthomas@hogslat.com

Hog Slat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Comments

• Tim RodemeyerTim Rodemeyer Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    TIM RODEMEYER

1486 Lark Ave.
    Hampton
    Iowa
    641-425-1962

Dear Sirs:
    My name is Tim Rodemeyer. For the past nineteen years I have been a salesman for Kerber Milling Company based in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and worked from my home office outside of Hampton, Iowa. Kerbers is going through a generational change of ownership and is changing focus. As a result, they have terminated myself and good friend and fellow salesman from Mankato, Minnesota. Between the two of us, we were number one and two in sales out of thirteen salesmen for the past fifteen years. I have a very strong farming background. From 1973 to 1990 I farmed fifteen hundred acres corn soy rotation, I had a 150 sow farrow to finish operation ,and I also had a 30 cow-calf beef herd. From 1990 till present I have worked for Kerber.
    * I am a very good and successful salesman who enjoys prospecting, cold calling, and especially closing. I started a territory that had no Kerber name recognition and no accounts. Within two years I was competing for number one in sales. Because of my lifelong living and understanding of agriculture, I can sell any ag. line. For example, five years ago, Kerber’s formed an alliance with Lextron Animal Health. Even though I had no prior pharmaceutical knowledge, I had my extensive customer and contact list; and, after the first year, I sold over a million dollars of product. This was twice as much as the rest of the company combined.
    * I still own my farm outside of Hampton, Iowa and do not wish to move, but as always will travel as necessary. I want to work for a progressive, forward thinking company that knows the value of a large knowledge of territory in Iowa and southern Minnesota and an extensive current client and contact list. I very much look forward to talking to you and form a profitable relationship.

Sincerely,
    Tim Rodemeyer