We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Advise on keeping a German Micro Pig

JennyJenny Junior Member
edited January 2010 in General Pig Health
Hi, wondering if anyone could give me some advise. I went to a farm park today and compltely feel in love with the German Mico Pig. I have plenty of field space for them. They only have males left.

My questions are-
1.Would I need to buy two?
2.If uncastrated, could this lead to aggression probs?
3.If I needed to get them castrated, what age should this be done and how much does this usually cost?
4.Would it be more sensible wait and get one or two females instead?

The farm park assures me that 1,2 and 3 (above) would not be a prob. Can't help but wonder if they are just keen to sell due to their lack of room. Don't want to buy then regret later.

I would be so greatful if someone, particularly if they kinow about this specific breed could give me some pointers.
I apologies if there are some spelling errors!

Comments

• John MilesJohn Miles Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    These pigs are soo cute, i would love to get one. For anyone not sure about a pig as a pet, they make amazing pets, and i found lots of information, advice, pictures and videos at www.ukmicropigs.com. This website allowed me to make up my mind, whether or not i got a pet pig. Thanks John
  • RobbieK28RobbieK28 Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    John Miles wrote:
    These pigs are soo cute, i would love to get one. For anyone not sure about a pig as a pet, they make amazing pets, and i found lots of information, advice, pictures and videos at www.ukmicropigs.com. This website allowed me to make up my mind, whether or not i got a pet pig. Thanks John

Thanks for the website John, it offered alot of useful information. Plus the videos and pictures were lovely. Rob
  • Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2010
    And probably twice as destructive. Do you have one in the house Blonde? Bet not! Micro I might, but a full sized one definitely not, but everyone to there own, thats what I say!