ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Porcine Dermatitis & Nephropathy Syndrome

joycelorenza Junior Member
edited June 2009 in PMWS and PDNS
Porcine Dermatitis & Nephropathy Syndrome

Porcine Dermatitis & Nephropathy Syndrome (PDNS) was fist described in the U.K.in 1993 as a sporadic condition affecting individual finisher pigs.At that stage it was a sporadic condition affecting individual pigs. It has been described in many parts of the world,but more recently it has caused increasing problems apparently associated or closely related to Porcine Multisystemic Wasting Syndrome (PMWS).Under these circumstances it has changed to a more significant condition affecting large numbers of pigs.It is frequently seen as a complexed problem with PMWS and at times chronic cases of the two syndromes can be difficult to separate.It is important to note that PDNS and PMWS can occur together,following each other or independently of each other.
------------------------------
joycelorenza

Promoter

Comments

• Chunky Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    A little bit of research???????.........WELL!!!!!!!!!....SPEECHLESS
  • Chunky Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    I did post two very lengthy posts on the subject a little earlier my dear.
  • BlueButt Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Stevie G said:
    More like epi-demi-c!!!
    Isn't dermatitis a skin disease?What's the connection between that and PMWS & PDN??????? Obviously somethings catching! It's secondary my dear Watson.
    Can you be mroe specific in the difference betwen dermattis and PMWS and PDN. I am not sure that I know that difference. Does it affect the pig internally or externally or both. Does it kill the pig

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Piglet Nutrition Notes - 5m Books