We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Breeding blue butts together?

SamTexSamTex Junior Member
edited August 2015 in General Pig Health
I've got two blue butt gilts right at eight months old that I'm looking to breed. A fella down the road has a blue butt boar I might use, although I can't find any information about breeding these crosses together. Will I get more blue butts? Will I get back-crossing and a mix of everything? Any insight would be a great help!

Comments

• blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    SamTex wrote:
    I've got two blue butt gilts right at eight months old that I'm looking to breed. A fella down the road has a blue butt boar I might use, although I can't find any information about breeding these crosses together. Will I get more blue butts? Will I get back-crossing and a mix of everything? Any insight would be a great help!
    you may get more blue butts and if that is the case does that matter, you may also get whites and you may also get a black possibly or some thing with a bit darker than blue on it. does that also matter or is that what you are wanting:o :confused: