We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

pig dies help!!

kruzer55kruzer55 Junior Member
edited May 2015 in General Pig Health
I acquired a pig for the fair to raise for FFA and I suddenly died with white foam and blood from the nose and mouth. She died within 18 hours of noticing she was not feeling well she was uninterested in her food and legs were stuck straight out when I found her. Her pin had been mostly mud as it has been raining all week. If u have any ideas it would be much appreciated to avoid this in the future. Please help!!

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited May 2015
    kruzer55 wrote:
    I acquired a pig for the fair to raise for FFA and I suddenly died with white foam and blood from the nose and mouth. She died within 18 hours of noticing she was not feeling well she was uninterested in her food and legs were stuck straight out when I found her. Her pin had been mostly mud as it has been raining all week. If u have any ideas it would be much appreciated to avoid this in the future. Please help!!

White foam and blood is normal for a pig that dies.
    Wild shot may be meningitis??? Normally happens in smaller pigs???
    Antibiotics were needed that being the case.