We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

10 week old piglets legs giving out why! Help

Lisa.MLisa.M Junior Member
edited April 2015 in General Pig Health
I just got 2, 10 week old female piglet about 5 days ago and today I noticed Her back legs will give out and she will squeal and then get back up and just walk around again, but she isn't running with the other one. She is eating and drinking. Also the other female seems to have diarah off and on too.. Really new to this please help. So frustrated !!!!

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Lisa.M wrote:
    I just got 2, 10 week old female piglet about 5 days ago and today I noticed Her back legs will give out and she will squeal and then get back up and just walk around again, but she isn't running with the other one. She is eating and drinking. Also the other female seems to have diarah off and on too.. Really new to this please help. So frustrated !!!!

What are you feeding these pigs. A pig of a certain age should be on a certain diet, especially at 10 weeks of age??
    As to the pig which keeps falling down may pay to give it a shot of antibiotics as it is possible it may be the on set of a foot infection?? Could give it a long acting penicillin and see how it goes??