ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

help.. seemingly healthy pigs died

David Jembuk Junior Member
edited February 2015 in PMWS and PDNS
I need help on identifying what disease that cause my pigs died and how to treat or prevent this.
Conditions:
Pigs that died were vary at age. From weaners, growers, to sows. Also not from the same pen. So its pretty much random in choosing its victim.

They did not die at the same time, but 1 dead in a day or two. In average, maybe 2 to 4 dies within a week. And this all started maybe 3 or 4 months ago.

When I open their corpse to look at the internal organs, mostly shows same sticky cheesy (it looks like melted cheese), spiders web like tissue between their liver and ulcer/stomach.
They died with no sign of sickness, good outer body figure and their appetite are generally good. Some still eating well about an hour or two before suddenly died. But some loose their appetite for a few days before they died. Body temp seems to normal when I checked one of them. So theres no fever.

Currently using charoen pokphand food and all kind of other factories feed additive, toxin binder, etc. Also adding antibiotics such as tiamulin, trimethropim, tylosin, sulfadiazine, and ctc within the feed.
vaccine micoplasma at 21day and hogcollera at 14days old.
Some vet once adviced me to "flush" the desease from the sow first. By giving the sow amoxcilin for a week. But it didnt seems to work.

Please help, anykind of help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited February 2015
    It could well be a tropical disease, that being the case not too many people would under stand what the problem is.
    You may find someone who is better qualified to give you this information on "engormix".
    Or could try knowledge centre on here, "disease problem solver".

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Piglet Nutrition Notes - 5m Books