ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

How long to wait

I8Iggy Senior Member
edited February 2014 in PMWS and PDNS
Had to give a weaner Bio-My 200 for 3 different times.....how long do we need to wait until we start him back on his vaccination before he gets introduced the herd?

Thxs

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Normally with vaccinations to livestock 2 shots a month apart would be sufficient to ensure it has the immunity it needs, so if he's had 3 shots then there would surely be no worry as to in being allowing back into the herd as and when you need to???
  • I8Iggy Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    It an antibodic. Due to P2's show season we picked up the young boar and gave him his 1st Rhinia Shield TX4 shot, then due to the extreme temps at night and the boar being moved from our house to my parents so they could keep an eye on him and the young boer wether goat while we were showing, I decided not to give him his 2nd schedule shot. Well him came back and at 1st I thought he was allergic to the "country air." But things went down hill from there and ended up having to keep him away from EVERYONE and give him 3 antibodic shots. This is a long withdrawl antibodic of 28 days. So I was wondering when after 3rd shot would it be safe to start his vaccination over again before he goes to the herd.
  • Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I8Iggy said:
    It an antibodic. Due to P2's show season we picked up the young boar and gave him his 1st Rhinia Shield TX4 shot, then due to the extreme temps at night and the boar being moved from our house to my parents so they could keep an eye on him and the young boer wether goat while we were showing, I decided not to give him his 2nd schedule shot. Well him came back and at 1st I thought he was allergic to the "country air." But things went down hill from there and ended up having to keep him away from EVERYONE and give him 3 antibodic shots. This is a long withdrawl antibodic of 28 days. So I was wondering when after 3rd shot would it be safe to start his vaccination over again before he goes to the herd.

28 days after the last shot.

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Piglet Nutrition Notes - 5m Books