ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

my pot belly pig sleeps in my bed

bethany1502 Junior Member
edited August 2014 in Pig Tales and Stories
so i have had my potbelly pig, max, for about 2 years now. well when i got him, he was just a couple months old. (someone had got him and didnt realize pigs are alot of work and dont stay small) so i got him and i did let him sleep in the bed with me, and as he got bigger it still wasnt so much a problem because i am very petite, and when he got bigger than me we went ahead and upgraded to a queen bed. i have no problem with him sleeping in the bed, i actually love it. he is spoiled, but very well trained too. he can sit, spin, lay down, "pray", etc. he is also very well behaved around people and other animals, unless of course the animal eggs him on. but the moment someone or an animal gets in my bed besides me, he goes crazy. like territorial mode crazy, and everyone knows, nobody gets on my bed when max is inside. i was just wondering if any of ya'lls pigs are like this with a certain something? i jus dont understand it because he has his own kiddie pool and everything else but doesnt mind when an animal or one of us plays in it.

Comments

• nachopig Junior Member
    edited November 2013
    Thats his bed, not yours now hehe. My pig gets on my bed sometimes, but not all the time. He doesn't like it when my cats there, but thats nt a problem now, she passed this morning in my arms.

Its funny, he doesn;t like it if he is not in the middle, forces his way in between my partner and I
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    bethany1502 said:
    so i have had my potbelly pig, max, for about 2 years now. well when i got him, he was just a couple months old. (someone had got him and didnt realize pigs are alot of work and dont stay small) so i got him and i did let him sleep in the bed with me, and as he got bigger it still wasnt so much a problem because i am very petite, and when he got bigger than me we went ahead and upgraded to a queen bed. i have no problem with him sleeping in the bed, i actually love it. he is spoiled, but very well trained too. he can sit, spin, lay down, "pray", etc. he is also very well behaved around people and other animals, unless of course the animal eggs him on. but the moment someone or an animal gets in my bed besides me, he goes crazy. like territorial mode crazy, and everyone knows, nobody gets on my bed when max is inside. i was just wondering if any of ya'lls pigs are like this with a certain something? i jus dont understand it because he has his own kiddie pool and everything else but doesnt mind when an animal or one of us plays in it.
    You should put piggy outside in a pen with straw where he really belongs...... and keep your bed to yourself.......
  • AndeeAggie Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    blonde said:
    You should put piggy outside in a pen with straw where he really belongs...... and keep your bed to yourself.......
    I assume this is TIC. Nothing wrong with letting a pot belly sleep in your bed.