ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Doggy Pigs! Haha

Showpigs4life Junior Member
edited August 2013 in Pig Tales and Stories
A few years ago we had two show pigs. We live out in the country. But we would walk them out in the road. We wouldn't walk them if it was loose gravel because we didn't want them injured. But we experienced our first car driving by! Let me tell you, they run off chasing the car, "barking" at the car! Hahaha We could never get them to stop after that!:)

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Showpigs4life said:
    A few years ago we had two show pigs. We live out in the country. But we would walk them out in the road. We wouldn't walk them if it was loose gravel because we didn't want them injured. But we experienced our first car driving by! Let me tell you, they run off chasing the car, "barking" at the car! Hahaha We could never get them to stop after that!:)

Well if you treat them like dogs then they will act like dogs, ho, ho.
    Most of mind, unless they are accustomed to the noise ie a tractor, would run away.:D
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Stevie G said:
    Well if you treat them like dogs then they will act like dogs, ho, ho.
    Most of mind, unless they are accustomed to the noise ie a tractor, would run away.:D
    tractors are music to a pigs ear...feed time here any way
    three tractors and yes they all have the same reaction
  • Spider Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Haha, thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how some of the drivers feel when they look back at the pigs chasing after them. It is something I'd love to see at least once. It's sort of funny how pigs often take on the roles of dogs.