ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

new ideas

blonde Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Vets and Producers
With a problem such as infertile gilts what other ideas could the pigsite forum group add to our forum to help solve the problems that we only use our experience to help out with.
What if we could have a vet one a week or once a month to give some clues on what we need to know to keep our piggeries in check. Please give your thoughts on this it might save a few pigs from their deaths in the future.

Comments

• BlueButt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    gee a vet once a month would be great. Also a nutritionist to help out with feeds. Yes we do have a feed forum but people chat here on how they feed their pigs and whether they are doing it right or wrong. some belong to the 4h and do it differently and a other use pellets and still others crush their own and some feed scraps, vegies green matter. what is best is just what ever you can read so some help on this would go a long way.
  • baggins62 Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree, I may be new to this but the way in which people have tried to help lifts your spirits, knowing that a professional be it vet, feed expert, A.I. expert etc.....was available to help will save sows, weaners, piglets.
    It has to be a good thing.
    And yes photo's should be easily uploaded because they are helpful as a tool for diagnosing any issue from mundane to dire
    Thanks Gents.
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    baggins62 said:
    I totally agree, I may be new to this but the way in which people have tried to help lifts your spirits, knowing that a professional be it vet, feed expert, A.I. expert etc.....was available to help will save sows, weaners, piglets.
    It has to be a good thing.
    And yes photo's should be easily uploaded because they are helpful as a tool for diagnosing any issue from mundane to dire
    Thanks Gents.
    Could you browse this site and let us know what else ;you think could be done to make this a better forum as you do have a problem in your piggery what could be done to allow for better diagnosis....What other features would you like to see on here. There are other forums........ how do they compare with what is on here and can we utilize their ideas here.....tell us what you think The site is in the process of being up graded and now is the chance to make those changes to benefit all of us who use this forum. please help out it will all the difference to you all who use this site. We want you to enjoy using this site more now than ever before suggestions would be great........does not matter what they are if they can be used or combined in to something that is not here please add them any way.;) :confused: There are many questions on this site that need answers could we have a reply on them PLLEEZZEE browsing the whole forum for them might be a good idea PPLLEEZZEE

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Piglet Nutrition Notes - 5m Books