ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Allergic reaction PCV vaccine

Dio Junior Member
edited June 2013 in PMWS and PDNS
Hi

The pharma tecnical people say that it´s important to warm the bottles before start to inoculate the vaccine to prevent allergic reactions, but really someone saw that?

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Dio said:
    Hi

The pharma tecnical people say that it´s important to warm the bottles before start to inoculate the vaccine to prevent allergic reactions, but really someone saw that?

Vaccines should be stored and injected at the specified temperature and as to allergic reactions its something I've rarely seen unless things have changed alot in the last 5 years.
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Dio said:
    Hi

I have seen an allergic reaction to a vaccine some years ago. Lost the sow some 6 weeks later. She was being fed Molasses and wafrm water to make it liquid through a drench gun normally used for sheep.(gaive her some nourishment. She was not eating any thing else. She was being given naprosin tables (3) daily for memory in consultation with a vet of course. day and night contact. It was so distressing. She had piglets on her and she was my first girl I was so sad. but it certainly was a learning curve for me. She continue to feed the piglets and just got them large enough to wean. around 2 1/2 weeks. Had nothing else I could put them on so took over after she passed.
    edited March 2013
    blonde said:
    I have seen an allergic reaction to a vaccine some years ago. Lost the sow some 6 weeks later. She was being fed Molasses and wafrm water to make it liquid through a drench gun normally used for sheep.(gaive her some nourishment. She was not eating any thing else. She was being given naprosin tables (3) daily for memory in consultation with a vet of course. day and night contact. It was so distressing. She had piglets on her and she was my first girl I was so sad. but it certainly was a learning curve for me. She continue to feed the piglets and just got them large enough to wean. around 2 1/2 weeks. Had nothing else I could put them on so took over after she passed.

Meaning that it is very rare.
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Stevie G said:
    Meaning that it is very rare.
    yes it is very rare. but it does happen same as people
    edited March 2013
    blonde said:
    yes it is very rare. but it does happen same as people

So rarer in pigs than people or vice versa?;) :D
  • I8Iggy Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know about that, they had major problems with the rhini shield tx4 this year and it was put on back order until the end of April
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I8Iggy said:
    I don't know about that, they had major problems with the rhini shield tx4 this year and it was put on back order until the end of April
    Is it a new vaccine?
  • I8Iggy Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    no not new, been using it for now 3 yrs

Had to get Dr. Hendrick's phone number in Ohio to get baby shots this time around. I was able to get Coke her perfarrowing shots with the rhini shield tx4 but could not follow it up with the litter like we use to do.

I'm hoping like all get out that it will be back on the market for April. I hoping Amy is settled and will give our son a nice show pig to show for 2014.
  • blonde Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I8Iggy said:
    no not new, been using it for now 3 yrs

Had to get Dr. Hendrick's phone number in Ohio to get baby shots this time around. I was able to get Coke her perfarrowing shots with the rhini shield tx4 but could not follow it up with the litter like we use to do.

I'm hoping like all get out that it will be back on the market for April. I hoping Amy is settled and will give our son a nice show pig to show for 2014.
    I hope it does too