ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

So cool, had to share

MrsJones Junior Member
edited August 2013 in Pig Tales and Stories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXFC_xPsEM

This is such a cool video & pig :cool:

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited October 2012
    MrsJones said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXFC_xPsEM

This is such a cool video & pig :cool:

Absolutely amazing.:eek:
    How would have thought that a pig could be train like that.
    Certainly not me, and I've worked with them for years.
    Just goes to show you that they are not as stupid as I thought.:confused:
    Shame on me.:o
  • Newby Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    I train a lot of gun dogs, never thought of training a pig, I agree with Stevie though they're not as daft as we make them out to be.
  • justducky Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    pigs are highly intelligent creatures. I once had a javelina (also known as a collared peccary) that is a descendant of an ancestor to pigs.... Collared Peccaries are known for being vicious if challenged. "Princess" was not vicious, she was SWEET. She was hand raised from 3 days old when her mom was shot by poachers. She was taught to sit on command, she could sit up and beg better than most dogs I've known. Plus she LOVED playing "bobbing for apples" in her water dish.
  • Siddhartha Sapkota Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    that is so cool. thats really a creative and new idea.training pig is really awesome.
  • Barbara Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    Our pet pig not doing well new to being owner of pig and new to site
    Hoping to tt someone once in my shoes
    Worried about brenda the pig and what to do for her
  • The Piggin' Author Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    I had to share that video, it's gone everywhere, website, fb and even got a tweet. I loved it when the wee pig shut the box lid too, great. :p
  • Spider Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Haha, I remember seeing this little guy on t.v. awhile ago. It really is impressive the pig can do a whole lot of tricks that a lot of good dogs can't do. Right on, don't remember how far they got, but good work!
  • Begather Junior Member
    Have you ever heard that Dwarf pig can also be a cool pet? 
    At least i have never heard it before and just found it yesterday at Low Maintenance Cool Pets That Are Legal To Own post

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

The Commuter Pig Keeper - 5m Books