We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tamworth weaners wanted

pigdogpigdog Junior Member
edited January 2012 in Market Place
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a number of Tamworth weaners for a woodland project. I need four at end of February four in march and another four in April, Pref all gilts.
Can any one help please. or suggestions as to whom i might contact.
I have scoured the internet without much success.
Basically i am clearing areas of a semi-ancient woodland of wild garlic and bramble. In a couple of years having collected many thousands of bluebell seeds i intend to re-introduce.
I normally keep Gloucester old spots but am choosing Tamworths for this project.
I expect the project to run for two to three years.
I also have my own butchery and butcher game and pigs for charcuterie as my living.

Comments

• Stevie GStevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2012
    pigdog wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    I am looking for a number of Tamworth weaners for a woodland project. I need four at end of February four in march and another four in April, Pref all gilts.
    Can any one help please. or suggestions as to whom i might contact.
    I have scoured the internet without much success.
    Basically i am clearing areas of a semi-ancient woodland of wild garlic and bramble. In a couple of years having collected many thousands of bluebell seeds i intend to re-introduce.
    I normally keep Gloucester old spots but am choosing Tamworths for this project.
    I expect the project to run for two to three years.
    I also have my own butchery and butcher game and pigs for charcuterie as my living.

Need to get intouch with the Tamworth breeders Club, Michele Baldock on 07879697792 or Lillian Waddell on 01324 861250 and they will be able to help you.
    Good Luck and let us know how you go!