We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tamworth Weaners wanted for woodland project

pigdogpigdog Junior Member
edited January 2012 in Market Place
Happy new year everyone,
I have not posted for a while as been far too busy with orchard pigs. A great success they were and slaughtered at 160kg. Finished on apples, bananas and whey the fat was incredibly white and creamy. It made fantastic charcuterie i can tell you.
Moving on though i am about to fence part of my woodland which is semi-ancient and full of wild garlic and bramble. I intend to put in four Tamworths in one month from now and another four in March and another four in April. I have fenced in acre strips.
I am intending to make pig houses from old Ash & hazel coppice by making double A frames, and covering with leaf litter.
Any suggestions here greatley appreciated.
I am still looking for two batches of four pigs, pref gilts and from a single litter.
if any of your know who and where i might purchase these please let me know.
I have scoured the internet but so far have only secured a litter of four.
Suggestions please..
I intend to fully document this project and intened to run for a few years until garlic cleared. I hae already collected many thousands of bluebell seeds from the remaining woodland with full intention to replant in futre years