ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Buying A Slap Marker

ZacB Junior Member
edited February 2012 in Market Place
Looking at buying a slap marker as our two girls are off soon. Anything I should be aware of, anyone recommend a supplier, on-line or in the Suffolk area.

Many thanks in anticipation, ZacB

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2011
    ZacB said:
    Looking at buying a slap marker as our two girls are off soon. Anything I should be aware of, anyone recommend a supplier, on-line or in the Suffolk area.

Many thanks in anticipation, ZacB

Hi Zac, would presume that you realise that the slap numbers should match the herd numbers that were given to you, but though I better mention it just incase.
    Theres not really much you can say about a slap maker, except that they can be purchase from any farm supply shop ie Mole valley and black ink is best(normal) and ink should be put on the pad and a slap mark needs to be on both shoulder when doing it.
    And don't be to shy when doing it as it won't come out properly.
    Bar that not much else that I can think of immediately.
    Happy buying and good luck.
  • Administrator Administrator
    edited February 2012
    You can get both smallholder and professional slapmarkers from ThePigSite shop. Click below:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Best wishes

ThePigSite Team