ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Middle-year experience

maya b Junior Member
edited June 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi,

At the moment I am looking for a placement from August 2011-2012 as this is a requirement of my NDA. Due to my lack of expeience I am finding it quite difficult.

As pigs are my main interest I would love to find a pig farm that would consider taking me.

I hope somebody could be of help.
Thanks,

Maya

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Where are you based and I would presume that you placement is for a year????
    My first suggetion is try advertising what you want on pigworld.co.uk. under smallads.
    If this does not work then get back to me.
    Also Rhodie(based near Reading?), who comes on this site, is in need of some staff so try him!!!!!
    Hope it helps and Good Luck!!!!!:D
  • rhodie Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Contact the HR department through the contact link here;
    http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/contacts
  • Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Thank you Rhodie for being so responsive. Much appreciated, as I know you don't have much time on your hands. From what you have said about your farm in the past, it would be a good place to gain pig experiece.
    Keep us posted.:D
  • maya b Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    Thankyou for your replies.

I am from Macclesfield, Cheshire and would be looking for a placement for 12 months. Will try the links posted.

Thanks,

Maya

p.s. Will keep you informed of progress :)
  • maya b Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    As of approximately 10 mins ago.. I have a placement :)

Its not related to pigs (sadly) but is a lovely dairy farm in oxfordshire which I am happy to be going to.

Thankyou everybody for your help,

Maya x

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

The Commuter Pig Keeper - 5m Books