ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

18 Wheelers With Pigs...

alexloramer Junior Member
edited September 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
I just get so angry when I see these trucks on the road and there's nothing I can do about it because the law is on their side. This immense suffering of pigs is incomprehensible. I'm only for humane treatment with open grazing etc because I understand it will not be eliminated.

Comments

• TonyG Junior Member
    edited September 2010
    The suffering of these pigs on wagons is not incomprehensible and I would wager that you have not spent one second researching this subject.

Modern pig transportation vehicles are designed around the animals' welfare needs. Pigs can stand up, lie down, turn around, they are afforded straw or sawdust for comfort and there is a constant source of fresh water for them. In fact most pigs are so relaxed when they are travelling that they lie down and go to sleep. This is not the sign of a suffering animal.

In fact given the choice between travelling on a pig wagon and flying with one of the 'budget airlines' I'm with the pigs every time! The company is probably better too.