ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

Need help identifying a breed.....

piggywig Junior Member
edited July 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi,

I saw the most gorgeous pair of little pigs yesterday and have searched the internet for the breed with no joy! They were smaller than an average pig, red in colour with lop ears and a small tight spiral tail. They were immaculate and perfect in every way. They looked like they were being kept as pets as they were in a large pig pen with a house and it was just the two of them. If anyone could suggest what they could be please?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Stevie G Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    piggywig said:
    Hi,

I saw the most gorgeous pair of little pigs yesterday and have searched the internet for the breed with no joy! They were smaller than an average pig, red in colour with lop ears and a small tight spiral tail. They were immaculate and perfect in every way. They looked like they were being kept as pets as they were in a large pig pen with a house and it was just the two of them. If anyone could suggest what they could be please?

Many Thanks

Anything that is red/ginger and have looped ears are generally Duroc's.
  • I8Iggy Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    What about a hertiage breed like a tamworth (sp?)?

If they had wattles on the face then Red Wattle.
  • rhodie Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I8Iggy said:
    What about a hertiage breed like a tamworth (sp?)?

If they had wattles on the face then Red Wattle.
    Tamworth have small, upright ears, Steve is most likely right with the Duroc,there are plenty around as they are popular in commercial crossbreeding programs.